Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 3 - Acclamation with a vengeance

Today was a very rough day. For as much international travel that I have done (albeit not that much in Africa) I didn’t take as much precaution or rather patience as I should have in retrospect. I was so hungry last night and caught up in the World Cup atmosphere that I didn’t remember to go slow eating the food, and drinking beer certainly didn’t help.


So to make a long story short and less gross, I got traveler’s diarrhea in the morning and some of the worst stomach cramps I have ever had. Certainly my body is just getting used to the contaminants in the food.


I spent all day in bed drinking water and a little bit of soda and some biscuits that were easy on the stomach.


Mostly slept and tried to push as much fluids as possible. Watched the last quarterfinal of the World Cup between Spain and Paraguay and tried to sleep so that I could be rested for the morning.


Not a very exciting day or exciting to blog about. I’m sure tomorrow will be better and that I will get used to the food.

2 comments:

  1. Again,seriously, Bill. I'm beginning to think it's you!
    Stay safe. Much love, Jim and Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill, one of our flight docs told us that if we got that, to double our doxycyclene (not sure what anti-malarial you are on) and to keep with it for 3 to 4 days. Not only helps with your savage tan but also kills the bugs a lot quicker.

    ReplyDelete