Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 1 - En route to destination

Today is pretty much a travel day.


I go from Phoenix to Atlanta to Accra. Ghana is on GMT which is 5 hours ahead of CST and 4 hours ahead of EST.


The flight from Atlanta to Accra is 11 hours and the total trip made today will be around 10,000 miles. Racking up those frequent flyer miles!

Once I arrive, an archaeologist who has been affiliated with the project for some time named Tom Butler and I will likely head straight to a bar to watch the Black Stars (nickname for the Ghana national football team, because of the black star in the middle of the flag, duh) face Uruguay in the quarterfinals of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.

Wish me luck and safe travels. Should have some great things to show and say for the next 40 or so days. I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment